We honour and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of Country. Always Was, Always Will Be Aboriginal Land.
“In an age defined by digital spectacle, there is a renewed sense of wonder in these handcrafted illusions” – The Age
We are Snuff Puppets!
Unleashing giant puppet spectacles for 30 years!
Our work, a fusion of sculpture, physical theatre, and music, has entertained millions worldwide.
Based in Naarm, (Melbourne) Australia, we have toured arts festivals in 30 countries.
Snuff Puppets stats:
• 2 million+ live audiences worldwide
• 325 million+ YouTube views
• 250+ stage shows
• 800+ outdoor roaming gigs
• 50+ community workshops
• 3,000+ workshop students
• 30+ Aussie tours
• 38 International tours to:
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Denmark, Democratic Republic of the Congo, England, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, People’s Republic of China, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan & Thailand
• 700,000+ online subscribers
• 30+ Protest & Rally appearances
Snuff Puppets have collaborated with thousands artists, including:
• Circus performers
• Cabaret artists
• Contemporary and traditional dancers
• Composers, musicians, digital sound artists, singers
• Puppet builders, visual artists, illustrators, set designers and builders, costume and fashion designers
• Filmmakers and projection artists
• Traditional artforms including:
Australian indigenous painters
Wayang Kulit (Indonesian shadow puppetry)
Shamanistic ceremonial ritual
Indonesian mask makers
Folk dancers and singers
South American carnivale puppet makers